Indoor waterpark

Today Lucas actually woke up at 7:30 and he probably would have slept longer if I had been fast enough to turn off the green light. His eyes fluttered open a bit and he saw the green. I did get him to lay down and watch cars until about 8:15. 

So we actually had a lazy morning. We had eggs, bacon, sausage, English muffins, and fruit. Khris has been awesome cooking everything. 

After breakfast Lucas played with the other kids and we were able to hang out a bit, talking. Then we got ready to go to the H2Oooohh! Indoor Waterpark at Split Rock Resort. We went with Judy, Alice, Matt, Emily and Lily. Later Shane, Natalie, and Madelyn came also. 

I had reserved the tickets in advance and it was going to be $118 for 2 adults and 1 kid, but when I got there the cashier told me the big water slides were not running until 2 so we only paid $58! That didn’t matter to us anyway because Lucas was too small. We had a lot of fun in the wave pool. There were 2 smaller slides that we all did except Lucas was scared. Then there was an area that dumped water buckets on you and Lucas liked that. But overall we did the wave pool. 

Emily got Judy and I to do the obstacle course which was pulling yourself on a rope across floaties. We succeeded! 

Judy, Don, and I also did the boogie board simulator thing. It was crazy! 

We got some food around 1. Lucas seemed so tired. He said he wanted to go back to the house after he ate but then he was back out in the wave pool haha. 

We left around 2:30. Lucas napped until around 4:30 at the house. Then we enjoyed a delicious lasagna dinner made by Jess, Emily, and Lily. Khris made some awesome garlic bread and a salad. Lucas ate so good! Then we did a cake and sang happy birthday. 

After dinner we played a bags game against Khris and Jess. Don and I were losing so bad, like 8-16 at one point. But we came back blazing and we ended up winning 21-18! 

Then the kids gathered some sticks to make a fire on top of a charcoal grill for smores. Bonfires are not allowed at this property so that is kind of a bummer but we made it work. 

It was getting dark and I wanted to get Lucas asleep so I told him we could get in the hot tub for a bit and then do bath. He loves the hot tub. He’s had a lot of late nights. Here we are 10 pm and Lucas is still up.  

After Lucas fell asleep we played the game Chameleon. It was fun! Tomorrow we have to get up early and head out before 9 am for our flight out of Newark.  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.